DID YOU KNOW...
More pets go missing on the 4th of July than any other day of the year.
Let's change that this year!
With large crowds and loud explosive fireworks, it's only natural for pets to grow anxious and nervous during the 4th of July festivities. Luckily, some simple precautions can help keep your pet safe and calm this Independence Day.
Here are some tips we recommend for pet parents this 4th of July:
- Keep your pet inside during fireworks at all times
- Make sure their collar is on and secured, with an up-to-date ID tag
- Take a current photo of your pet, just in case
- Consider a microchip for your pet. Microchips are used to identify a lost pet's family in the event they are lost. FAM offers quick and easy microchipping service. Call us at (918) 609-6111 or schedule an appointment for more info.
- Turn on the TV or a sound machine during the fireworks to help drown out the loud noises
- Try leaving your pet with a frozen stuffed treat during the fireworks, to keep them busy and distracted
- Keep all fireworks, sparklers and other flammables away from your pet at all times
- For pets with severe anxiety during fireworks or even storms, FAM offers affordable medication to help pets get past those anxious, stressful moments. Call us at (918) 609-6111 or schedule an appointment for more info.
Have any other tips to share with your fellow pet parents? Send us a message on Facebook!
If you have any questions, please call us at (918) 609-6111.
Have a safe and happy Fourth!